Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorney (Torrance, CA)
• Analyze legal and factual issues, conduct extensive and well-reasoned legal research, develop and present defense strategies/argument on behalf of clients;
• Prepare pleadings, discovery, depositions, motions, and briefs in support of defense strategies;
• Provide effective and timely communications, information, legal advice, and other services to clients on legal and factual issues;
• Communicate with judges, witnesses, opposing counsel, co-counsel, adjustors and clients in a manner consistent with established firm procedures;
• Responsible for the prompt, efficient, and effective disposition of assigned cases;
• Prepare witnesses and evidence for judicial and/or administrative hearings, including trials;
• Represent insurance carriers, self-insured employers and Third-Party Administrators (“TPAs”) at court proceedings, including judicial and administrative fora;
• Critically analyze a Panel Qualified Medical Examiner (“PQME”) or Agreed Medical Examiner (“AME”)’s medical reports to determine whether the medical opinions constitute substantial evidence under the applicable laws;
• Rate a PQME or AME’s report to determine the nature and extent of client’s risk exposure.
• JD Degree from an ABA accredited law school;
• Must be in good standing with the California State Bar;
• At least one-year’s experience as a Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorney;
• Working knowledge of procedural rules of federal, state (California) and administrative fora (FRCP, CA CCP/Rules of Court, 8 CCR Chapters 1-8);
• Working knowledge of substantive laws of California Insurance Code;
• Working knowledge of California Labor Code and relevant decisional laws interpreting the Labor Code, including WCAB precedents;
• Working knowledge of WCAB Rules and Practices and Utilization Review (“UR”) procedures;
• Must be able to understand and critically analyze expert’s opinion of medical examiners;
• Ability to use Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment to determine a claimant’s entitlement to permanent disability benefits;
• Travel is required to appear at court proceedings at all Southern California venues including Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside and San Bernardino.
Litigation Attorney – Insurance Defense (Torrance, CA)
Attorney must be able to demonstrate exceptional knowledge and expertise in all phases of litigation from pleadings through trial. Attorney must be a team player and self-starter.
Compensation competitive based on experience.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Send us a detailed message about your case and we will get back to you within 1-2 business days.